Flash Update

You will remember Flash the Basset x Collie who came into our care back in December as a 10 month old pup. 

Sadly we are unable to help Flash any further.  We took Flash into our family on the basis that he is a basset cross; he started his journey in a foster home with another Basset cross, the lovely Chief.

Flash came to us as his original family also had his litter brother and things were not working out with them being together.  Sadly this became a trend with Flash and he had to be moved from his wonderful fosters as he started being grumpy around Chief, which was spilling over to being reactive outside the house as well.  

As we could not find Flash an only dog foster home, which we do have, but Flash was not a match with those fosters, he travelled up to Scotland to stay with Dawn and her pack.  Dawn's pack are fabulous with all dogs, and even those with a "shady" background flourish within the pack.  Again, sadly not for Flash. 

Flash is perfect with 98% of the pack......and not so great with the other 2%.  This means there has had to be very strict management in place for Flash and Dawn's pack, management which works on a short term basis but not long term. 

Flash's forever home has not transpired with us either; so we have have reached out to other rescues to see if they are able to assist us with this wonderful boy. 

Thankfully Borders Pet Rescue, on the Scottish Borders have a space for Flash.  They are a wonderful Rescue who Dawn has had connections with over the years.  They have the facility to help Flash on a one to one basis to ensure he is at his best whilst looking for his forever home. 

Flash will be travelling to them on the 1st April to start the next part of his journey. 


We know Dawn will miss Flash once he goes, as he is the most amazing boy......on his own.  He really is a sweetheart, cuddly, loving, fast to learn with zero faults whatsoever........just wants to live on his own. 

We have popped the link for Borders Pet Rescue below so if you would like to continue to watch Flash's journey you can do. 

Thank you so much to Flash's original foster family, you put your heart and soul into this boy and we know you were devastated when the decision was made to move him.  

Thank you also to Dawn and husband Kenny for working so hard with Flash and your pack, we know how hard it has been.

Also thank you to everyone who supported Flash when he was in our care, any wish list gifts will go with him.  Any donations will go towards his nutering and vaccinations when the time comes as we will honour our duty to Flash regardless as to where he is. 

A final thank you to Borders Pet Rescue for making space for this lovely boy.  We look forward to watching his journey with you  

#nobassetgetsforgotten  

Welcome to Alfie and Tilly - and a little wish lis...
Please welcome Buddy and Meg

Related Posts

Testimonials
They never ever leave a Basset behind always do everything in their power to get the hounds to the right fosters and forever homes in a word they are "AMAZING".

BRNGB Supporter

Great work, no hound gets left behind. A true sentiment that is the embodiment of what this organisation is about. Great work team.

BRNGB Supporter

They do a good job of saving these hounds and finding special homes for life. They also work hard to raise money to pay for any vet bills.

BRNGB Supporter

They do outstanding work with the hounds & always put them first, They match hounds with their perfect parents & when they need vet treatment they get it done, these people are Amazing, could not recommend them enough

BRNGB Supporter

Thank you for sending my recent purchases from your shop. Very efficient and wonderful quality merchandise, particularly the canvas/hessian bags and the t-shirts

BRNGB Supporter

We have the privilege of adopting Dylan. The whole process was seamless and very reassuring that they cover all bases, both in relation to vetting us and also in the assessment of the hound

BRNGB Supporter